2/10/11

IRP Post 3


While reading the background of Mortenson's life I got very excited to see that he was born and raised in the Twin cities in Minnesota, like myself. He also went to one of the colleges my father went to around the same time, making both huge coincidences.

When the section about the mount climbing came up I noticed how similar it was to 180 South that we watched in class. It was much more intense in comparison to the movie, though. Both groups of people were attempting to reach a goal, but Mortenson's goal was to put his younger sister's bracelet at the highest peak of the mountain in memory of her. I am not sure if this applies to many mountain climbing experiences, but it seems from the stories I have heard and read about that the get so close to the summit, but for safety reasons they can go no farther.

From what I have read thus far I can tell that this book is about a modest man. He seems to want to do anything for anyone who needs, and unlike most he doesn't do it to make himself feel better for having done something for a person in need.

I wonder what other, if any, other places he has gone to do missionary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment