2/3/11

"It's like the quest for the holy grail. Who gives a [darn] what the grail is, its the journey that counts...its the transformation that is within that is important."

Jeff traveled to Patagonia by boat with surfers and mountain climbers. He explained that he always wanted to and finally got the chance in his busy life. They came across issues traveling there, such as the mast breaking along the way. They stopped at Rapa-nui to get it fixed, but didn't realize they would also learn things about the land and had just as beautiful nature as the areas in Chile. When they reached Chile Jeff noted that there were so many industrial buildings there ruining the natural world in the country, such as working to build a dam in Patagonia. Jeff didn't realize that he was going to learn so much about the land and the people. He ended the documentary saying how that if you care about a place you have a right to take care of it. In his journey with the others he came across so many example of how people weren't taking care of their natural world. Although Tim and himself didn't finish the climb (Holy grail) I'm sure they all learned the same sort of lessons in their transformation of going there, as Jeff explained.

In school we are taught that we have to work hard for grades to get that 4.0 GPA as our "holy grail", but in school I have also realized how I work. Despite how some courses may have been annoying, in retrospect I leaned how to bring thoughts together and in school I have met people that have helped me grow in my ability to think things through. Even though half of my high school career I didn't have the grades I was told to have I did change through those years and I still definitely am.

No comments:

Post a Comment